CHEERS TO CHARITY: NEGRONI WEEK RETURNS FOR A SECOND YEAR TO CELEBRATE THE COCKTAIL OF THE MOMENT
LONDON 14TH May 2018: Campari, Italy’s iconic red apéritif, presents Negroni Week 2018, championing the iconic Negroni cocktail – a perfect mix of Campari, gin and sweet red vermouth. The week-long international charity initiative will take place from the 4th – 10th June 2018 in bars and restaurants around the world to raise money for charitable causes. Over seven days, thousands of venues will celebrate the Negroni cocktail and its key ingredient: Campari, spreading the message that there is ‘No Negroni Without Campari’, over one shared charitable goal.
With the trend for bitter cocktails continuing to expand, Negroni Week 2018 is set to be the biggest yet. First launching in the UK in 2017, last year’s Negroni Week welcomed the involvement of 7,770 venues in 60 countries to raise a phenomenal $1.5 million for charitable causes since the launch.
Wherever you choose to enjoy Negroni Week 2018, you’ll have the chance to experience unique events and the best Negronis made by world-renowned bartenders. This year Campari lovers will be spoilt for choice, with hundreds of bars and restaurants in UK cities such as London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds and Manchester taking part in Negroni Week 2018. A full list of bars taking part in the UK can be found on https://www.negroniweek.com/venues.
Alongside sampling the iconic cocktail, Negroni lovers will have the chance to discover more about their favourite drink at tastings, masterclasses and dedicated Negroni menus taking place in the following venues:
- Negroni Menu at The Soho House Group, 4 – 10th June – Check out their bespoke Negroni menu at all UK locations, showcasing four unique twists on the classic cocktail, visit https://www.sohohouse.com/ for more details.
- Campari Masterclass at Oriole, 7.00-11.00pm Tuesday 5th June – Join the Campari Brand Ambssadors for an intimate session on how to make the perfect serve. Tickets are free.
- Negroni Night at The Gherkin, 40th Floor, 6.30-7.30pm, 4th June – Negroni masterclass followed by live music, Negroni Cocktails and aperitivo snacks. For ticket information, visit http://www.thegherkinlondon.com/
- Guest Bartender sessions at Bar Termini Centrale will feature throughout the week (4-10th June) including Argentina’s Sebastian Atienza, consultant bartender, formerly of Floreria Atlántico, who will be giving guests an insight into how Argentinians enjoy their Negronis
- Pastaio Unlimited Pasta Event, Sunday 11th June – Enjoy sumptuous pasta dishes accompanied by a Classic Negroni for £20. Limited tickets available through Emerald Street and Mr Hyde
THERE’S NO NEGRONI WITHOUT CAMPARI
The Negroni is a world famous classic cocktail and the prestigious IBA Official Drink List states Campari is the key defining ingredient. Remember there is #NoNegroniWithoutCampari.
- 25ml Campari
- 25ml Gin
- 25ml Sweet Red Vermouth
- Pour the ingredients directly into a rocks glass filled with ice
- Stir gently
- Garnish with a slice of orange or twist of peel